Thursday, March 25, 2010

And The Answer Is....




".....yes, but".

First of all, I need to thank everyone for your support and advice. It was a great help in my coming to this decision. I read and thought about each of your comments and then I went back and thought more deeply about my future and where it is I now want to go with my life.

As Nolly Posh said, in her Australian way, "It's time to stop being a great patient and start being a great all round bloke." And, as so many of you pointed out, if I need a cane, or a chair, or a wheel chair to do it, well, so what? Use whatever you need to get back to living again.

A lot of my time recently has been taken up with getting my affairs in order, after some advice I got from my surgeon back in September. Last night Linda and I finalized our Wills and Powers of Attorney and had them signed at the lawyers.

So that is out of the way. I signed up for the second round of Tai Chi, but that will only take a couple of hours of my time each week. The garden will soon need some effort, but we always used to do that and work full time.

However, I do still have a few things to get sorted out and can do with a little more time to recover (to the extent that I ever will) from the side effects of Taxol, so I wrote back about the work offer, explaining my situation and letting them know I would be happy to accept their offer to do some occasional workshops in a month's time.

And if I need a cane, my father's old cane is still in the basement and if I need a wheelchair, my mother-in-law's is also packed away downstairs.

And, outside the front door, there's a life waiting for me.

********************************
Photo of Gregory House courtesy of Photobucket.