Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dreams


Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens--Carl Jung


I seldom remember my dreams; but awoke from a strange dream (are there any other kinds?)this morning. In it I was reading a newspaper story about the Titanic and in the story the Titanic had drawings of various tall ships surrounding it, barques, schooners, brigs etc.

Apparently I was reading the story in a class of some kind and the instructor announced there was some controversy in the article regarding me and would I bring a copy of the paper to the front of the class.

And that, of course, is when I awoke.

I don't know about you, but I don't think stories that connect me to the sinking of the Titanic are, necessarily, good omens. Then again, what were all those tall ships about?

And where is Freud when you need him?

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams--Ralph Waldo Emerson