Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello, Goodbye, I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late



Not much time for a post today.

It's been a busy weekend meeting with the Undertaker to make arrangements for Linda's mother, discovering we had 48 hours to clear out her room at Extendicare and having to arrange for friends and a truck, meeting with my 90 year old mother to tell her about my cancer and treatment and why I won't be in to see her as often this summer, having family stop by to pay their condolences and see how we are doing, answering the telephone which rings every half hour or so and getting prepared for today's first chemo treatment.

But we did it. All of it.

My brother-in-law Steve is coming with me for support during my first chemo treatment and we are catching the early train to be there for 8:30. Linda is going back into work today to wrap up some teaching issues that are outstanding. She will come with me Tuesday through Thursday and my brother John will come with me on Friday.

Now I need to take a raft of pills, get washed and dressed and get out of here.

I have a train to catch.